`
The Magic of the Maghreb: Part One – Ancient Times
headline »
Sun, 7/07/13 – 18:33 | 2 Comments

The Maghreb has been in the news a few times in the past couple of years and Egypt, for the second time, protested until they got what they wanted. May the Egyptian nation have better …

Read the full story »
Home » information, Media Release

Competition: SA Cheese Festival Tickets

Submitted by on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 28 Comments
Competition: SA Cheese Festival Tickets

The SA Cheese Festival is legendary and judging by the mail I’ve received, loads of you are looking forward to it as much as I am which is why, this competition makes so much sense. Thanks to the people at the Cheese Festival, I’ll be giving away two tickets to the lucky person/s who can answer a really simple question that you’ll find at the end of this post. To refresh your memory, read the press release or visit the website for more details; in short, the festival takes place from  the

27th – 30th of April this year and if last year is anything to go by, it’s going to be a fantastic event where the assortment of artisanal cheeses, dairy products, wines and pretty massive of variety partnering products will tease your taste buds like they’ve never been teased before! To win the competition, please answer the question below and let me have your name and email address! For those of you who don’t live in South Africa, don’t stress about the tickets, we’ll get them to you the minute you arrive in the Cape.

Question:

Name your favourite cheese and tell me why you like it, leave your name & your contact details next to the description so that I can get hold of you; if you prefer privacy, there’s a ‘contact’ link above the headline – your details are pretty safe if you fill them in there. The competition will close on Saturday, the 31st of March at midnight and I’ll announce the winners on Monday, the 1st of April!

28 Comments »

• Candice Newton said:

I parmesan and other similar hard cheese. I love it because, to me, it seems to go with everything! Delicious crumbly or gooey tangy cheesy goodness! :P Candice Newton, candicejnewton@gmail.com

• Denise Gordon said:

Roquefort – yummy to mash with butter and make a spread, or to stir into stove top dishes for creamy flavour! Mmmmmmmmm

• Megan said:

Blue cheese, just love the taste and makes the best sauce for any pasta dish or nice blue cheese sauce over a steak!! megan@finmax.biz

• Ryan Black said:

Gotta lurrrve camembert!… Perfect on crackers for that romantic picnic ;)

Ryan Black
    Somerset West
    rsblack13@gmail.com
    0824072538

• Thorne7402 said:

Chevin for sure!  Creamy, delicious, versatile and absolutely perfect for every occation!
      Tania Horne …… thorne7402@gmail.com

• Collin Albertus said:

My favourite cheese is brie, because I love the creamy soft centre in contrast with the outer “shell”, and I find it to be a healthy and easy cheese to eat, and it also compliments many of my favourite wine types too :)

email : collinalbertus@yahoo.com, cell : 072 241 6419

• Vanderspuyjana said:

Camembert – It’s Crumbly and soft in the beginning but becomes creamier over a period of 2-3 weeks! It’s like 3 cheeses in one. :-) When served with Fig; I am transported to heaven! Jana van der Spuy, vanderspuyjana@gmail.com

• Milk and Cookies said:

A really sharp cheddar – it’s so creamy and tangy, love the combo.  milkandcookiessa@gmail.com

• Simone said:

I love Blue Cheese its so tangy and delicious! I love it on pizza’s or Salticrax or my favorite Bacon and Blue Cheese Pasta :)
    Simone Collins
    simone@advantax.co.za

• Jane said:

Pecorino cheese over a fresh, crispy summer salad or a yummy pasta dish is my favourite! I find pecorino cheese to have such a complex flavour and compliments both salads and pasta dishes perfectly. But who can resist a wheel of cambrini cheese coated with the sweetness of honey, fig preserves and crunchy nuts! So creamy and sweet, DELISH!
    Jane Tomlinson
    jct.2002@hotmail:twitter .com
    0725875555

• Candice said:

Just love mozzarella cheese, fantastic on home made pizza, garlic, olives and cherry tomatoes….delicious

Candice Christians cchristians7@gmail.com

• Judyfreeman said:

Fairviews vintners Brie. Delicious creamy and perfectly ripe. Delicious on its own, on bread, crackers or even with some preserved figs, honey and whipped cream as a dessert. Contact 082-3777-011

• Tailsofamermaid said:

Favourite cheese? ALL CHEESE! Cheddar for toast, Gouda for sandwiches, Mozzarella for pizza, Camembert and Brie on biscuits, cream cheese with ANYTHING… I don’t even have the time right now to branch off into the rest. But basically, I LOVE CHEESE!
    Natalie Roos
    kissandmakeup.nat@gmail:disqus .com

• Johan said:

I visit the festival each year! Absolutely love the variety of cheeses and wines. But believe this to be an “April Fool’s” joke, and therefore I need to be announced as the winner on 1st April.

• Lynette said:

I love so many cheeses. But I think my favourite is parmesan – grated over pasta and salad, grilled into crisps or just a nice big chunk with a glass of red wine :)
    lynette@ellemag.co.za twitter @Ms_ELLE_Beauty

• Cheese Man said:

It has to be, Gorgonzola ………..made from goat’s milk, crumbly and quite salty, with a “bite” from its blue veining.

• Torrin_Theron said:

As someone who is lactose intolerant, but loves cheese, this is the only time of the year which I bite bullet and suffer the side effects, much to the amusement of best friend. I go mad for all the goat cheese as we don’t normally have a wide variety down here in Stellenbosch. The Cheese Festivalhas has been our annual ‘girls day out’ for the last 5 years!

• Jengordon said:

Brie – nothing better than a glass of wine, salty crax fig jam and a slice of soft Brie to top off a winding down Friday eve. It screams Cape Town.

Jenna Gordon
    Jengordon@live.co.za

• Darryn van der Walt said:

Pecorino – delicious with pasta!

darryn.vanderwalt@gmail.com

• Lydia said:

I cook alot for family and friends and nothing beats a good cheddar.  It is so versatile, it takes any dish from zero to hero

• Rhett said:

Stilton cheese. Love the texture and it’s great with figs.

• Stefano Sessa said:

You’re a fig

• Mekyla said:

Fairviews white rock with cranberries- a few swirls away from tasting like chocolate.
    Loooooooooooooove :)
    Pick me please!!! I BEG YOU!
    mekyla@panaceamobile.com

• Monique said:

Cream cheese – so plain, I know…but add some green figs and a cracker…best thing ever!!! Monique – moniquee@lithotech.co.za

• Simone said:

I LOVE ALL CHEESE – BUT MY FAVOURITE HAS TO BE BLACK PEPPER CHEVIN!! YUM, DELICIOUS ON ITS OWN AND EVEN BETTER TO COOK WITH… Simone  (simonet@webafrica.org.za)

• Jacoba said:

Congratulations to Jane Tomlinson who won the tickets!

• Jane said:

Thanks so much! Just wondering how will I get hold of the tickets, or will I just have to collect them at the festival on which ever day I chose?

• Jacoba said:

Hi, it seems that you haven’t received an email from the SA Cheese Festival yet! I will see to it immediately.

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: